Non Toxic Cleaning:
Force of Nature vs. Your Kitchen: A 3 Part Series!
The kitchen is the final frontier when it comes to household cleanliness. You’d think it was the bathroom, but…no. The kitchen is the hub of the house, where everything gets dragged in and out and where so. many. snacks are doled out. We’re creating a three-part series for you, breaking down how Force of Nature can help you clean and disinfect those majorly germy areas that we all have in our kitchens.
Part 1: Sink & Fridge
Let’s talk about two of the big ones – your sink and your refrigerator.
Disinfecting Your Kitchen Sink With Force of Nature
No matter how beautiful and pin-worthy your farmhouse sink is, we can tell you with certainty that it is teeming with germs and bacteria. In fact, there’s more E.coli in a kitchen sink than in a toilet after you flush it! It’s wet all the time, every person in your house is touching the faucet and handle and it’s home to one of the biggest kitchen germ offenders: the sponge!
Here’s how to use Force of Nature to keep your sink sparkling:
- Take out any accessories or dish racks and rinse out in your sink and run them through the dishwasher.
- Spray liberally with Force of Nature and use a cloth or brush to get any stubborn stains or dried food particles.
- If you’re dealing with stubborn stains, try adding some baking soda and up the elbow grease factor!
- Remember: vinegar is great (it’s our magic ingredient that helps create hypochlorous acid!), but you want a true, EPA-registered disinfectant that will kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria.
- Spray down your faucet spout and handle, garbage disposal drain, and gasket and your kitchen sponge.
- You’re done!
Disinfecting Your Fridge With Force of Nature
The fridge, the keeper of the snacks! How we love you. And…how gross you can also be. And, despite the cold temperature, bacteria like Listeria can thrive in a refrigerator. Since refrigerators produce condensation, juices from foods can drip down from upper shelves, so the bottom shelf tends to be where most of the grossness lives. Keep the items you least want to “drip” down (like raw meat) securely wrapped and on the lower shelves and store produce safely in drawers.
Here’s how to use Force of Nature to keep your fridge clean and happy!
- Every 2-3 weeks, take everything out of your fridge shelves and spray them down with Force of Nature to remove any stuck on gunk or food remnants.
- Then spray thoroughly with Force of Nature to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria.
- Spray produce with Force of Nature to clean before you put it away to ensure it’s not bringing any hitchhikers. It makes a great produce rinse.
- Spray around your ice-maker or water dispenser.
- Spray your door handles daily to stop germ transfer from your dining companions.
- That’s it!
We make disinfecting easy
It’s hard enough just unwrapping string cheese fast enough to keep your brood happy, let alone be constantly deep-cleaning and disinfecting your home. With Force of Nature, you get one simple product that truly cleans and disinfects without exposing your family to the toxic chemicals found in conventional cleaners and disinfectants. Check out part 2 on how to disinfect your stove, oven and microwave and part 3 on how to disinfect your kitchen counters and drawers. Until next time, stay healthy!