Chemical Free Living:
1 Cleaner, 20 Unexpected Uses for Force of Nature
Force of Nature is a multi-tasking powerhouse, if we do say so ourselves! Beyond your regular multi-purpose cleaning & deodorizing, here are some more uses to try:
- Camping gear: Between inclement weather, muddy four-legged companions & un-showered humans, it’s not surprising your tents & sleeping bags can end up smelling well, AWFUL! And those sleeping bags are pretty impossible to wash in a normal size washing machine. So spare your rolls of quarters and instead spray them down with Force of Nature after each use. Same goes for those nasty smelling boots, backpacks & camping “mattresses”.
- Diaper bags: Realizing at the end of the day that the bottle with milk in it leaked all over your diaper bag is a huge bummer. Spray your bag with Force of Nature until it’s soaked, then let it dry naturally. That removes the odor & prevents anything else from festering in there.
- Patio furniture: Cushions have a musty smell or even mold & mildew staining? First test in an inconspicuous spot to make sure the dyes used were truly colorfast, then soak the cushion completely. Let it dry without rinsing.
- Front load washers: If you have a front load washer, you know that moldy, mildewy smell that keeps coming back! That’s from the stagnant water trapped in those rubber gaskets. Spray those gaskets after each cycle to keep the mold & mildew at bay.
- Yoga Mats: Just spray your mat down after each session, and Force of Nature removes the odor and anything gnarly that tries to take up residence in that mat.
- Cloth diapers: First, hats off to you cloth-diapering parents out there! Remove as much of the “soil” as possible, then soak cloth diapers in Force of Nature either before putting them in the washer or instead of putting them in the washer. You want to use Force of Nature at its full power on a dirty diaper, because the washer or any extra water dilutes away the efficacy. Just completely soak the diaper for 2 minutes to make sure it has a chance to remove the source of the odor and anything else gruesome in there. It won’t leave any harmful fumes or residues behind.
- Fresh cut flowers: Add a few ounces of Force of Nature to the vase of water to keep those blooms beautiful longer.
- Toothbrushes: Nothing good can come from these sitting in water or on a counter just a heartbeat away from the potty. Spray them when you clean your counters then shake off any residue.
- Children’s toys: Life with children is like one BIG petri dish, right? Whether it’s Legos, trains or blocks, keep them clean by spraying down toys regularly.
- Makeup brushes: Spray them regularly with Force of Nature. Force of Nature is rated as 100% Top Allergen Free by Skin Safe, an organization developed by the Mayo Clinic to evaluate product safety from an allergy perspective.
- Backpacks & lunch boxes: You know that backpack rolls around the floor of the bus, right? Not to mention the fossilized banana that festers in there. Spray that monster with Force of Nature to keep it clean & fresh.
- Furniture & rugs: First test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure the fibers are colorfast & let the test area dry before proceeding. For spills, blot the spill, spray Force of Nature, then wipe (repeat if necessary). It cleans as well as Resolve without toxic chemicals. For pet accidents, remove up as much of the mess as possible first, then spray on Force of Nature and use with a scrub brush or paper towels to wipe until the color of the mess is gone (you might have to repeat this a few times depending on how bad the accident was). Then saturate the area one more time and let it dry. If it soaked through to the back of the rug, you want to soak that too.
- Thermoses, straw cups & sippy cups: These have lots of nooks & crannies where old liquids can fester, but most can’t go into the dishwasher. Spray thoroughly, shake, wait 30 seconds, then wipe.
- Sponges: These might be some of the nastiest items in your house because they stay damp and are used to wipe so many gross surfaces. Spray your sponge or scrubber daily with Force of Nature.
- Bath toys: These are full of nooks & crannies that host icky old water & soap scum. Just spray bath toys regularly to keep them squeaky clean– no need to rinse.
- Dirty/Stinky Pets & Their Habitats: It’s great to use around pets because it has no toxic chemicals, fumes or residues. Hypochlorous acid (the hero ingredient in Force of Nature) is actually used in a number of veterinary care products because it’s so gentle. Spray on bedding, litter boxes, toys or towels.
- Hands & doorknobs: Only 5% of people wash their hands properly after using the restroom, according to report in the Journal of Environmental Health. Even more disturbing, 10% of people skipped washing their hands altogether. If you’re on-the-go without access to soap & water, spray Force of Nature on those nasty doorknobs, shopping cart handles, and restaurant highchairs.
- Cars: Kids & dogs can make your car a sticky, stinky, crumby mess. Force of Nature is great for deodorizing and cleaning all the surfaces in your car.
- The fridge: Clean stuck-on messes & odors – no need to rinse off food contact surfaces.
- Humidifiers: Talk about an impossible to clean item that really needs to be clean! After each use, empty the humidifier, spray in Force of Nature, shake it around, wait 30 seconds, then empty.