Natural Cleaning Solutions:
Going Back To School With Force of Nature
Note: As back-to-school season goes into full swing, we know germ protection is top of mind for parents and educators. Here are some ways our powerful, EPA-registered disinfectant can be used to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria on surfaces, and help protect students, teachers and staff from germs including SARS-Cov-2. We’re proud to be on EPA’s list N, the disinfectants approved for use against SARS-CoV-2 and variants, the cause of COVID-19, and list Q, the disinfectants approved for use against monkeypox virus.
There can be a lot of conflicting information out there, so make sure to use reputable sources like the Center for Disease Control, which provides guidelines for Schools and Child Care Programs. And we’re here to help – if you have questions, get in touch or find more information on our Coronavirus Resources Page.
Our Top Tips & Tricks For Using Force of Nature For Back To School
Forget cute erasers shaped like unicorns and crisp composition books, this year’s back to school checklist is all about the germ-killing power of disinfecting products! Luckily, we’ve got you covered with our EPA-registered disinfectant, Force of Nature, that’s gentle enough to use around little students and doesn’t contain harmful chemicals that can exacerbate allergies and respiratory conditions, or have the other harmful health effects associated with conventional cleaning products.
Here are some ways we can help you get back to school & stay protected from germs.
That Relaxing Time Before You Leave In The Morning
In our house, we call this the “breakfast scramble,” and it’s chaotic and smells like pancake syrup. This year, in addition to hollering about lost shoes and backpacks, there are a few other items we suggest adding to your morning routine!
Remember: Anything you take with you could potentially bring home germs.
- Limit jewelry, hats, and other accessories, like loveys and pacifiers, that can attract germs and bacteria as you go about your day.
- Put in contacts, orthodontic devices, and any other medically necessary accessories at home and try not to adjust them while you’re out. If you need to, wash your hands before and after!
- Keep shoes outside or by the door and put them on as the last step before you walk out the door.
- Use easily washable backpacks and lunch boxes, which you can then spray with Force of Nature. It helps to get a couple of them, so you can always be swapping them out. We love these sandwich bags and these lunch boxes and bento box inserts.
- Of course, always make sure you’re practicing proper hand hygiene after the bathroom and before and after eating. Encourage your kids to wash their hands as soon as you arrive in the classroom.
- If your state is not mandating mask-wearing, it’s a good idea for children who will be commuting to school on the bus, train or another form of public transportation to wear a mask. This also helps remind them not to touch their faces or accidentally put their fingers in their mouths, in addition to protecting themselves and others.
In The Classroom
As parents, we aren’t part of the classroom experience, but we can help our schools learn about ways that they can keep classrooms disinfected without exposing kids to harmful chemicals. Sadly the chemicals many schools and daycares rely on can actually make kids sick. Force of Nature kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses (and is an EPA-registered disinfectant), but it’s also the same substance that our own immune systems make to fight infection and is gentle enough to use around children and babies.
Here are a few places that can be disinfected with Force of Nature in the school environment.
- Classroom Surfaces
- Classroom Pet Environments
- Water Fountains
- Shared Technology (Tablets, Computers)
- Lunch Tables
- Classroom Materials & Art Supplies
- Nap mats & cots
- Athletic Equipment
- Playground Equipment
- Spot-Treating Stains
- Cooking and Food Prep Surfaces
At School Pick Up
- Before you pick your kids up, wash your hands, or use a hand sanitizer. When you get your kids, spray to clean their hands, too if you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Put backpacks, lunch boxes, athletic gear, and school work in the trunk of the car.
- As much as possible, don’t have them take things home with them. If anything can stay at school, leave it there.
When You Get Home
- Have everyone take their shoes off outside the house and spray them with Force of Nature. If shoes have to come in, have an area for them to “live” in your home and spray them down with Force of Nature, including their soles. Let them air dry. Bonus – it’ll remove stink, too!
- Have everyone wash their hands – no grabbing snacks or using tablets or toys until everyone’s hands are clean!
- Load all school clothes and masks into the washing machine and change into clean clothes.
Wash out lunch boxes and containers and spray them down with Force of Nature. Spray down school backpacks including the bottom of the bag.
- Wipe down any devices they brought home (phones or tablets) by spraying a cloth with Force of Nature and wiping them down. You can also use Force of Nature to clean homework supplies like calculators and the exterior of textbooks.
- Wash your hands – again!
- You’re done, A+!
It may feel like you’re in a surreal science fiction novel more than a back to school checklist, but soon enough these habits will feel like a normal-ish routine and, on the bright side, will help cut down on the normal school-sickness germ spread, too. If you’re like us, you could use a little help with a checklist, so we’ve got that for you right here!
If want to take it a step further and educate your school about how they can use Force of Nature to keep staff and students protected from germs without toxic chemicals, we have a handy printable letter you can share with the administration or teachers.
At Force of Nature, we’re parents who knew there had to be a better way to effectively sanitize and disinfect without putting our families at risk due to the toxic chemicals in conventional cleaning products. We’re proud to bring our fellow parents, teachers, and business-owners an effective, yet toxin-free cleaning system that really works. Our appliances come in 2 sizes, Force of Nature which makes 12 ounces at a time, and Force of Nature Pro, our newest system for large and high traffic spaces (like schools!) which makes 64 ounces at a time. Both systems eliminate single-use plastic bottles and save on costs – Force of Nature saves you up to 80% per ounce vs the leading brands. If you’re interested in buying in bulk or for a school, we can customize pricing, assortment and training for you! Click here to get started.